Summer 2013 $500 Travel Poster Awards
The Foundation and AMTI are offering several $500 travel awards to aid students with costs associated with attendance at scientific conferences. The travel awards are now open to international applicants as well as U.S. applicants!
1. Upload a scientific poster related to force measurement and testing to the Force and Motion Foundation website (only posters accepted into a conference can be submitted).
2. Complete a travel award application.
All submitted posters will be judged by the review boards based on quality, contribution, and innovation. Note: The abstract must be submitted in English. It is recommended the poster also be in English but is not mandatory. Travel scholarship recipients will be posted on ForceAndMotion.org as well as Facebook and Twitter. Recipients will be notified at the e-mail address associated with their user account.
Stay-in-the-know by connecting with us via social media:
STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT $10,000 ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP OPENING COMING THIS SPRING!
Type: Academic scholarship
Funded By:AMTI (www.amti.biz)
Quantity to be awarded: 3
Application cycle begins:
Funds distributed by:
The Force and Motion Foundation is pleased to announce the opening of our second annual scholarship competition. Three $10,000 scholarship awards have been set aside for promising research involving multi-axis measurement or multi-axis testing. Two awards will be designated for graduate students at U.S. universities while a third award is open to students internationally. It is our plan to identify different fields of endeavor with each scholarship cycle.
Due to the overwhelming response to the Force and Motion Scholarship program in 2011, we are narrowing the range of subject material to orthopedic, cardiovascular and tissue engineering research in which multi-axis measurement or testing plays a significant role. To be considered for these awards, each applicant must complete an online application at ForceAndMotion.org and submit the following materials:
- A completed online application form
- An uploaded CV that includes: relevant coursework, publications, current GPA or any other educational background information you’d like to share with the Foundation.
- A 500-word abstract of a research proposal or research summary involving multi-axis force measurement and/or testing machines (You will be able to save your application form as a draft and return to it at any time).
- An online recommendation by your academic advisor (this request will be generated when you apply on the Foundation website).
All awarded funds will be transferred to the appropriate department at the recipients’ academic institutions. Current US restrictions on non-profit organizations require that all applicants be actively enrolled at a US or international university. Scholarship funds must be directly applied to qualified higher education expenses such as tuition, fees, books, and supplies or equipment required for enrollment or attendance at the academic institution. Scholarship funds cannot be used to support travel costs or salaries.